Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Going to the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix at Singapore

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    codesurge
    Participant

Unfortunately, I won’t be attending the race this year, but I’ve always purchased my tickets through the official site (http://www.singaporegp.sg) and picked them up from the local post office. Pretty sure you can collect them onsite when you arrive in Singapore.

Alan
    Participant

I went in 2009, I got my tickets via WWTE (through the Formula 1 website). To pick them up I just had to go to the accreditation office which is the Mandarin Oriental hotel (middle of the circuit where all the teams/drivers stay :D), actually saw a FOTA meeting on the same floor.

Anyway, Singapore is amazingly organised and remains still the easier race I’ve ever been to (was my first so was obviously nervous!).

RobertoLarcos
    Participant

I’m also attending this year’s Singapore Grand Prix. Staying at a backpackers on Boat Quay, about 2 minutes away from the F1 gates – I prefer to spend my money on drink/tickets/food/drink. I bought my tickets from the official SGP site and will pick them up when I arrive in Singapore.

I’m in the front row of section A9 at the pit grandstand as I like to see the build-up and get on the track easily for the podium ceremony afterwards. From my last visit in 2010 I recall there were some great GA vantage points at the inside of turn 1 and the outside of turn 3.

I love the Singapore GP weekend – I like the carnival atmosphere at the track and the fact that the night racing schedule allows you to party until the early hours, have a long lie-in and still get to the track without missing any action! Then repeat for all three days of the GP weekend!

I can’t wait to get to Singapore!

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

SISTIC is the best source as far as I’m concerned. I went through a local agent last year and had no choice of seating and the tickets only arrived a week before I left in spite of ordering them weeks beforehand. SISTIC allowed me to pick the exact seats, then alter them when I changed my mind. I’ve had this years tickets since the beginning of the month after they couriered them to me. You also get to go in the earlybird contest draws – not that i won anything.

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Hey, robertolarcos. You’re sitting exactly where we were last year. We got a wave from Fernando we were that close.

clinton
    Participant

Hi guys first time. In singapore and departing heathrow at 11.35 on 18th september.
    Got myself some prem walkabout tickets but traveling alone. Looking for a travel buddy thinking about checking out sentosa island to.
    Returning on 24th at 9.05 singapore airlines

doodie111
    Participant

Can’t believe it’s nearly that time again! Heading from AUS for the fourth time running and can’t wait. Travelling on my own also, so be great to meet up, have a beer (or more!) and perhaps even see some stuff. Arr late 20th, dep late 24th.
    @clintonbristoluk went to Sentosa Is. in ’10. Not that much to rave about, but perhaps with a buddy be better.
    I’m staying out of town at Novena and Little India (best Indian Restaurant that I’m equally excited about returning to!) and Chinatown are good places to hang about and see stuff that’s more than shopping malls!
    Anyway, ping me if interested in any more info/details/catch-up.
    Oh yeah, this year in Padang GS.
    Good GA area could be the bleachers near gate 6, just after T13. Stood there during Fri practice and Carrera Cup last couple years. Good view of cars exiting turn and heading down Esplanade Dve.

Sanwar
    Participant

It is really a pity that i can’t watch on the spot.
    I will watch my F1 on the web, expecting the excited moment!

Got my tickets today, sweet.

Can’t wait now. Looking forward to it, and hopefully meeting up with some others on here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im travelling on my own as well. I got my tickets through BookF1, which is the cheapest ticket site that i have found. Im sitting in bay, which is supposedly not the best place to sit, bth its all about the atomosphere and being there in general for me!

I did mention it in an earlier post, im flying from manchester with connections in dubai on the 18th and fly back stupid hours 25th (tuesday) morning (im partying at the Amber lounge after party on sunday night/monday morning ;) ) would be nice to meet up with other people for a beer. im staying in chinatown.

Also if those who have been before can shout out some good tourist “must sees” would be great.

Thanks in advance :)

adaptalis
    Participant

Hi Claire,

Not sure what you’re interested in, so i’ll leave some typical ones.

Cultural Heritage Areas – Bras Basah/Bugis/Arab Street, Chinatown and Little India
    Parks and Reserves – Gardens by the Bay South (Recently opened), Botanical Gardens, Night Safari (1st night zoo in the world)
    Shopping Areas – Orchard Road and the malls around the circuit (Suntec City, Marina Square, Raffles City)
    Night Spots – Clarke Quay and Boat Quay
    Museums – National Museum of Singapore, Asian Civilisation Museum, Singapore Art Museum
    Entire Island of Attractions – Sentosa (where Universal Studios Singapore is located as well) [Has good beaches too]

If you have certain preferences, i may be able to help more specifically.

Hi,

I am willing to sell my upgraded ticket.
    It’s a Fanstand at Pit Straight ticket I won from a contest. Its worth is S$1288
    You get very good view of the last corner, the pit, the podium, and access to all zones including fanzone.

But I am willing to sell it around $900-1000. Anyone interested email to eric.stevenh@gmail.com

clinton
    Participant

Guys what is a good amount of money to bring.
    For eating,drinking and site seeing. Shopping is not a must for my???

fedorhaye
    Participant

Guys, I have a few tickets for sell for Singapore GP.
    Anyone interested, please drop me a message or email me
    at: fedorhaye@yahoo.com

Lewis Stroll
    Participant

fedorhaye

try selling on Ebay while you still can.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.