Force India’s reserve driver Nico Hulkenberg has split from manager Willi Weber.
Hulkenberg sais he will now manage his own affairs, as some other F1 drivers including Sebastian Vettel do.
“Nico Hulkenberg and manager Willi Weber part their ways. The 23-year-old Formula 1 driver from now on takes management matters in his own hands.
“Both sides are currently working on a smooth changeover and on a satisfying solution for anyone. Hulkenberg will from now on be supported in executing his management issues by his former PR advisor Timo Gans.”
Weber has been associated with Hulkenberg since running the driver in the 2006-07 A1 Grand Prix season for Team Germany, when they won the championship.
Weber previously managed Michael Schumacher and his brother Ralf.
2011 F1 season
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image © Force India F1 Team