Ten of the best pictures which tell the story of the 2019 Austrian Grand Prix weekend.
Second practice brought drama: Valtteri Bottas binned his Mercedes…
…Max Verstappen put his Red Bull in a wall…
…and Sebastian Vettel almost joined them.
Valtteri Bottas and Lewis Hamilton
Unusually, the Mercedes drivers were struggling. The W10 was not happy in the heat and high altitude at the Red Bull Ring.
On Saturday Charles Leclerc took control of proceedings and grabbed the second pole position of his career.
Starting on soft tyres gave Leclerc a grip advantage. While Verstappen bogged down from second, Lando Norris briefly nosed ahead of Lewis Hamilton for third.
Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grisjean
Haas’s problems worsened: Kevin Magnussen found himself fighting with the Williams drivers.
Sebastian Vettel and Pierre Gasly
Delayed by a power unit problem in qualifying, Vettel fought his way forward to finish fourth.
Verstappen fought back superbly and a firm move on Leclerc with three laps to go sealed a remarkable win.
Red Bull’s second consecutive win in their backyard went down well with the local fans and Verstappen’s orange army.
2019 Austrian Grand Prix
- Giovinazzi says first point shows his progress after “two years without racing”
- 2019 Austrian Grand Prix Star Performers
- Top ten pictures from the 2019 Austrian Grand Prix
- Verstappen announced as Driver of the Day winner after Kubica “error”
- Lapped Gasly needs a ‘Control-Alt-Delete’ – Horner