The FIA is to reveal the outcome of its investigation into the crash at Spa-Francorchamps which claimed the life of Anthoine Hubert in August.
FIA president Jean Todt confirmed the report on the crash has been finalised. It will be presented to the FIA World Council on Wednesday and a set of recommendations made for changes across the whole of single-seater racing.
The crash occurred after Giuliano Alesi had gone off at Raidillon on lap two of the feature race. Hubert, following behind him, hit a barrier on the outside the corner, bounced off it, and was hit by Correa. Last week Correa said he had several meetings with the FIA about the crash and his recollection of the incident “coincides with the FIA report”.
“When I went past Eau Rouge I stepped on debris from Alesi’s car that got under the front wheels, lifted them so I went straight, with the bad luck that I went straight into Hubert’s car,” he said.
The crash was the first to claim the life of a driver at a Formula 1 world championship round since Jules Bianchi’s crash at the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix. Bianchi succumbed to serious head injuries the following year.
Seven recommendations for safety improvements were made in the report on Bianchi’s crash.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and