The C39 was already shaken down by Kimi Raikkonen in a filming day at Fiorano last week. Kubica will hand over to the team’s other race driver Antonio Giovinazzi for the afternoon.
Raikkonen will have a full day in the car on Thursday, and Giovinazzi will drive the car on Friday. The team is yet to confirm its plans for the second three-day pre-season test next week.
The C39 appeared in a special ‘snakeskin’ testing livery when it ran at Fiorano. The car will be in its regular race livery for the upcoming test session. Alfa Romeo will formally present the new car in the pit lane at the Barcelona circuit at 8:15am tomorrow morning.
Kubica is returning to the team he made his Formula 1 debut with in 2006, when it was owned by BMW and ran under the name BMW Sauber. He drove for them until 2009 and scored his only victory in the 2008 Canadian Grand Prix with the team.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers