Aston Martin will become the first Formula 1 team to present a genuine 2022 car at its launch later today.
Aston Martin will therefore break new ground with their launch this afternoon when it reveals its AMR22 in its genuine form. The team’s head of communications Matt Bishop confirmed on social media they will be “launching and unveiling our real race car”.
F1 teams are reluctant to reveal much of their new machines due to the significant changes to the technical rules which have been introduced for the 2022 season. Even with the first test of the new season less than two weeks away, the contenders are unwilling to reveal details of their new designs which could provide valuable clues to their rivals.
Following Aston Martin, McLaren will be the next team to present its 2022 challenger. However one team, Alfa Romeo, will not hold its launch until after the opening three-day test session at Circuit de Catalunya.
Get all the 2022 F1 race weekend session details plus test and launch dates on your mobile device using the RaceFans F1 Calendar
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- 2022 mid-season driver ranking part 2: 15-11
- 2022 mid-season F1 driver rankings part 1: 20-16
- Has Tsunoda raised his game or just benefitted from Gasly’s misfortunes?
- Exclusive: Lando Norris on working to win with McLaren in 2024
- Perez fades after strong start to second season alongside Verstappen