Williams’s new FW44 has run on track for the first time ahead of the 2022 F1 season.Nicholas Latifi driving the car at a wet Silverstone.
The new car was due to run shortly after the team presented its livery on a 2022 show car. However the first run was delayed by a minor electronics problem.
Williams is conducting a filming day at the Silverstone circuit, which allows them to cover up to a maximum of 100 kilometres using non-race-specific tyres. Alexander Albon is expected to take over from Latifi later in the day.
Pictures: 2022 Williams FW44 on track
This article will be updated
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Images: Williams via Twitter
2022 F1 season
- Masi says he received “death threats” over months after Abu Dhabi controversy
- Masi did make mistake with title-deciding Abu Dhabi GP restart, Horner admits
- Williams fined for late submission of budget cap documents
- The omission in the FIA’s Abu Dhabi report which may store up trouble for the future
- New insights but notable omissions in Drive to Survive’s account of F1’s 2021 finale