F1 Games

Gran Turismo 6 Le Mans Series – Le Mans on the 15th

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    David-A
    Participant

Reminder that the race is on Saturday.

David-A
    Participant

@lin1876 @spud @mazdachris The lobby is open!

Anonymous
    Inactive

There in a few minutes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it’s safe to say that today’s race has ranked as one of my favourite ever. It’s up there with the 1st Le Mans 24 Laps. Spent a good part of the race by myself, but had a brilliant battle with Bald_Gye. And I even overtook someone. Which is something very strange indeed!

I feel that this is, in part at least, due to the rules allowing TC and other driver aids, which may sound like a slight cop out, but without them, I’d be all over the road, and would lose interest quite quickly.

Anyway, thanks for today, and see y’all next time.

David-A
    Participant

Race Results after 31 laps:
    1. GTP_Tay 51:01.255
    2. David_JV ( @david-a) +1:04.796
    3. BALD_GYE ( @baldgye) +2:18.810/1 lap
    4. Mazdachris ( @mazdachris) +2:39.217/1 lap
    5. Thespuditron ( @spud) +2:48.421/1 lap
    6. sgillies01 +2:57.249/1 lap
    7. Ibbo1981 +2:57.584/1 lap
    8. Duckidono +1 lap
    9. Jake2013guy ( @jake2013guy) DNF

Updated championship table to come later.

MazdaChris
    Participant

Great race, I really enjoyed it. I had a poor patch in the middle part of the race but otherwise I’d say this was by far my most consistent, and for the most part I was able to battle very fairly. My battle with Bald Gye for the first few laps was ace, I don’t know how we didn’t touch.

Apologies again for having an accident with sgillies right near the end. I had just pitted which had put me down in sixth but I was much faster than the cars in fourth and fifth, so I felt it was a pretty certain thing for me to get those places back. I had a decent little battle with Spud to put me back to fifth, then I had a battle for fourth with about three laps to go. Into the first corner sgillies got a bit hot on the apex; correcting the oversteer compromised his exit and gave me the momentum to get right up behind. He struggled to get his rhythm back going through turns two, three and four, and I had to drive slowly to avoid running into the back of him as it’s single file through those turns. Coming out of turn 4, onto the short straight downhill towards the hairpin, I again had the momentum so moved to the right as I lined up the overtake. This is where the accident happened. Presumably still a little out of shape, and possibly on worn tyres, he braked suddenly, several car lengths before I expected him to, and in the middle of the track. I was already going quite a bit faster than him, and was very close to the rear of his car, which caused me to run into the back of him. It wasn’t a massive shunt but it was enough to put him off the road. A moment later and I would have been fully to the right and would have passed cleanly, but I didn’t anticipate there being such a big speed difference between our cars at that point. It was an accident and I am sorry it happened. I think it was a racing incident, really. I hope there are no hard feelings, because this is a race series which is meant to be about having fun and I’d feel dreadful if I thought that I’d prevented sgillies from enjoying the race.

Anyway, otherwise it was a great race, very enjoyable. Annoyed that the weird tyre bug persists – my second set of tyres seemed spent after about seven laps so what should have been a comfortable one stopper turned into a two stopper. Felt like David and I worked well as a team, with me letting him through while he was recovering, and him letting me unlap myself to go on to have a go at taking fourth place. Shame I just wasn’t on the pace today, really, but I think my mistakes on the middle part of the race are really what cost me, ultimately.

Thinking of creating a Kickstarter to get me GT6 so I can take part in this series…

MazdaChris
    Participant

If others were happy to chip in, i’d be happy to donate some cash your way

David-A
    Participant
    baldgye
    Participant

Well for me it was a really enjoyable race but I was annoyed at my self for making a couple of mistakes that I didn’t need too…

Quali was really bad for me, for some reason I was just slow… I was 2seconds slower than the pace I had in practice some 5mins prior to quali starting and just couldn’t get a lap together at all.

The race was not too bad, I had a great start which set me up for a good battle with Chris and Dave after he made a mistake at the hairpin. After getting past Chris I was catching Duck quite quickly but never in a place were I could over-take at which point Dave came thundering down on me, after a dive on the inside that I never saw coming I was 100% on the defensive and dropped back from Duck and being just slower than Dave he managed to get me on the final chicane, I had a good tow to the final corner but totally messed it up hitting the curb which put me into the wall, dmg’ing my car for the whole S/F straight. From there it was a recovery drive.
    I managed to catch back upto Chris just as he was pitting and I pitted the following lap, he managed to make a good chunk of time on me with the pit and I came out infront of Tay who was coming to lap me and Spud who at this point I wasn’t sure if he was lapping me or not… after letting Tay though I managed to worry myself about holding up Spud into going too deep into a corner which let him get a run on me… this was when I found out he wasn’t lapping for me. This battle over the next few laps was AWESOME I really enjoyed it and it was a good way to finish the race!

Really happy with 3rd as I was no where near the pace of Tay (again) or Dave… Good race!

Oh and I uploaded the climax of my battle with Spud in glorious phone camera quality!

David-A
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey Hopefully you can get it in time for Le Mans on the 15th, or even earlier!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@david-a I won’t be able to make Saturday’s race. My real life car (which isn’t a Peugeot) is sick, so I’ve to bring it to the car doctor.

matt90
    Participant

How good are you guys? I never do any online racing. My PS3 just died, so I couldn’t take part anyway right not, but I might join up in the future.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@matt90 It ranges from borderline professional racers (probably), to worryingly awful (maybe). :P It’s good fun though.

MazdaChris
    Participant

It’s definitely not super high level (Except David and Chris Allan) so you can be pretty competitive and have a good race even if you’re not absolutely brilliant. Very few people are absolutely metronomic so even if you were quite far off the pace, you could still score good points if you can run cleanly and consistently. That’s been my main focus for improvement.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.