F1

Whatever happened to…

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Slr
    Participant

What’s Alex Wurz doing these days? Is he still involved with Honda/Brawn/Mercedes?

Stephen Jones
    Participant

Wurz is racing for Peugeot this weekend at Le Mans

Icthyes
    Participant

He’s been a driver steward too.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Wurz has also assumed a leadership role with the FIA Young Driver Institute, too.

ob1kenobi.23
    Participant

whatever happened to Andrea Montermini

damonsmedley
    Participant

…Renault. Podiums in the first two races, were looking as good as (if not better than) Ferrari and seemed to have made a huge improvement from last year, but have since disappeared. A real shame in my opinion.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I wonder where Esteban Tuero is these days? He was only in F1 for one season, and it was over a decade ago, yet he was so young that his driving abilities are probably only peaking now! If some team plucked him from obscurity and he went on to win the championship, it’d be the greatest story ever

Girts
    Participant

Good question Ned! Actually it made me want to investigate…

It looks like Esteban Tuero has lately been taking part in different Argentinian racing series. As I understand, he is currently driving a Ford Mondeo in a touring car race series called Top Race V6. Norberto Fontana and Jose Maria Lopez are there as well.

Lachie
    Participant

To stretch back to an earlier post

I’m not sure about drivers, but I haven’t seen the stop-go penalty for ages in a race. The only time I ever see one is on F1 2009 Wii game!

We finally saw one at Silverstone as the pit lane was considered too short to make a drive thru a real penalty. The point still stands though, what was the reasoning behind its disappearance save for an exceptionally short pitlane?

Icthyes
    Participant

The introduction of the drive-through would be my guess. Before it was either no penalty or 10s (sometimes 5s) in your box.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.