F1

Whatever happened to…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Icthyes
    Participant

What’s Mario Theissen doing these days?

box this lap
    Participant

Mario Theissen is still at BMW these days, His name was mentioned in an article about BMW’s return to the DTM.

whatever happened to Karun Chandhok?=P

sbl on tour
    Participant

michael bartels?

he was our guide on the coach trip round hockenheim during gp weekend, very good he was to, had a masser jacket on, so maybe he does something in sports cars

nice bloke

sbl on tour
    Participant

anyone know about

the fabi bros, teo and corrado

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

@damonsmedley

I think Patrick Head himslef designed the new FIA F2 cars for Williams, if I’m not mistaken.

NickV

@sbl on tour

Michael Bartels is a multiple FIA GT champion for Maserati and is leading this years championship with Andrea Bertolini

sbl on tour
    Participant

nice one, thanks for that

good guys do win!

sblot

GeeMac
    Participant

I think Adrian Newey’s role in Williams decline is being overstated a wee bit. Yes it hit the team pretty hard, but I think the more fundamental issue was the fact that they lost 2 major engine/technical partners in the recent past (first Renault and then BMW) without finding a suitable replacement. Compare that to McLaren’s success with Mercedes and Renault and BMW’s performances as manufacturer teams it seems to stck up that that had more of an effect on the team.

On the topic, whatever happened to Christiano Da Matta and Ricardo “front row seat for THAT pass on MSC” Zonta.

jihelle
    Participant

What happened to Mike Thackwell ? Once the wonderkid of Formula One (the youngest driver to start a GP after Alguersari I think ?) and also what happened to Formula One cars that actually looked different from one another and to sparks that flew from the underbody (that would be awesome in Singapore) ?

mkh1
    Participant

Da Matta had a horrible crash with a deer during a Champ car test in 2006 at Road America. I’m not sure what he did after that since he hasn’t made a single seater comeback.

jihelle
    Participant

Da Matta did a couple races in the Rolex series in 2008 and I think he’s doing some truck racing in Brazil now. He’s alive and kicking.

Guilherme

And Ricardo Zonta is racing for Reiter Engineering in GT1… he even won the championship race at Spa this year.

Whatever happened to Robert Doornbos?

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

@Guilherme Teixeira

Doornbos, after failing to get a 2010 IndyCar drive, returned back to Superleague with FC Corinthians.

damonsmedley
    Participant

I forgot to mention in the OP that this idea is stolen from F1 Racing Magazine – and that I just wanted to see if anyone could come up with some more interesting ones.

I want to know what happened to Antnio Pizzonia and Gianmaria Bruni! Does anyone know?

DavidS
    Participant

What ever happened to Paul Stoddart. Owner of Minardi, famous backmarker responsible for starting the F1 careers of Alonso and Webber.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.