Going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Going to the 2012 British Grand Prix at Silverstone

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    EmTheEmu
    Participant

Bought my ticket for the front of Copse C this afternoon, will be my second Grand Prix and can’t wait to go back :D

OllyF1uk
    Participant

So i was wondering, as I will be arriving at Woodlands on weds afternoon is there anything going on on a Thursday at the track that weekend pass GA tickets can get you into like the pits or a walk around or maybe meet the drivers as they arrive. Basically anything you can blag to get a little closer at all.

Thanks

Andy
    Participant

Hi there..My wife bought myself and son (7yr) GA tickets for Sat Qual. First timers, thinking about watching from Becketts/Chapel, is that a good spot?. We are staying about 30mins from circuit driving in from M40 and have parking at circuit booked. Any thoughts on what time we need to get to the circuit to get a decent position, I think gates open at 6am, do we need to be there for then? Also heard there is a good food place behind Becketts stand, is that open for GA people?

McFosi
    Participant

OllyF1uk – Pretty sure there is little or no chance of that mate….How things have changed :o(

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Andy

Since the changes were made to the circuit the viewing from Becketts is excellent, or we think so. It does however on GA get quite crowded from early on. If you want to grab a good viewing position you would need to be there early. There are food stands behind Becketts, but also last year although the Club Silverstone facilities are behind it, the restaurant at the side was open to everyone, you just couldn’t get into the Club Silverstone part of the marquee without the relevant pass. The food was done by Jamie Oliver last year, and although not cheap, we had lunch there on the Saturday and I have to say the food was excellent, we weren’t sure what to expect but very impressed.

Paul

Anyone got experience of Silverstone Golf Club camping? Any good?
    Breakfast and Dinner in the Clubhouse is something of a draw.
    We’re @ Becketts Platinum – probably a stupid question this but what time do things start kicking off on the Saturday and Sunday morning? Are there races before the GP on the Sunday?
    Excuse the ignorance!

Andy
    Participant

Caroline..Many thanks for your reply, think we will get there before 7am and try to get a decent spot. My son is a massive LH fan, has been talking about it non stop since xmas!

Caroline Miles
    Participant

Hi Andy

You’re welcome. Shame you aren’t going on race day, for the last 2 years Lewis has actually driven onto the run off area under Becketts after the race to salute the fans, your son would have loved that. I am also a massive LH fan so can fully appreciate his excitement. The fans go mad when the Brit’s go round, so a massive buzz for everyone.

Hi Paul

From what I can remember, Saturday track action normally starts about 08.30 as there are a combination of qualifying for the other formulas that are racing, and then their races which span over Saturday and Sunday. There is also the final free practice on Saturday for the F1 boys. Sunday about the same time which are the races from the other formulas qualifying from the day before, the GP is the last race. Some of the lower formulas provide great entertainment, last year we watched some fantastic racing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder have I mentioned that I have bought my ticket. Hmm… I can’t remember…. Well, anyway, I have bought my ticket! :D I’ve got 3 day-er for Club A on race day! I cant wait! Woo!! :D

Laura
    Participant

Bought my tickets for my first grand prix!! Stowe B 3 day tickets and staying at Woodlands! beyond excited!

Andrew
    Participant

Would appreciate any tips and advice on where to watch from, what time to get to the track and the P&R etc. I gather its early which I’m prepared for and that it will be packed wherever we sit! Finally this year I will be doing one of those ‘must do’ things – going to the British GP. I have GA tickets for the race with my father-in-law and my 7 year old son. I have booked the M1 Park & Ride. Any advice gladly received.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@laura – we have done same thing but had to change tickets the other day to add mate… You didn’t get tickets t21-t23 did you? Haha

McLarenFanJamm
    Participant

Had my ticket for Copse B booked since about August I think. Not the best position but it was cheap and it’s a christmas present from the wife.

Can’t wait. First ever GP for me :) See you there @Spud ;)

nickynoonoo
    Participant

@James – I took a cool box with me then every morning went and purchased a bag of ice from the camp site shop, put this in the cool box with your cans then by the time you get back in the evening you have cold cans.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@MclarenFanJamm I do believe you will be the *first* F1 Fanatic I’ll have met! No doubt it’ll be a weekend made of AWESOME!! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.