Formula Two

2013 GP2 teams and drivers

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 408 total)
  • Author

Rio Haryanto, Addax:

Felipe Nasr, Carlin:

Simon Trummer, Rapax:

Pal Varhaug, Hilmer:

andae23
    Participant

Many thanks for that Keith!

andae23
    Participant

Dillmann tops day one for Hilmer.

https://twitter.com/GP2_Official/status/306434200196771840

I might do a write-up later today.

Adrian Quaife-Hobbes, MP Motorsport:

andae23
    Participant

Tom Dillmann finished the first of three days testing in Jerez fastest for newbies Hilmer Motorsport. Leimer was second for Racing Engineering, followed by the Carlin teammates Nasr and Palmer.

The morning session was disrupted by three red flags, including when Canamasas parked his Caterham in the tyre barrier at turn 2. The afternoon session made it 4 red flags when De Jong stopped on track. Most teams were focussed on doing race simulations, with most of them doing between 80 and 100 laps. Caterham only managed 69 laps, as Ma Qing Hua only did an installation lap in the morning session. Barwa Addax had a poor session, as they only managed 54 laps – compare that to the 102 laps that ART did.

GP2 Jerez1

BasCB
    Participant

That is a really nicely refreshed livery for Quaife Hobbs! Not sure I like where Caterham GP2 is heading. Looks like their lineup was best in their first year and now they are dropping more and more into paydriver field filling modes

AdrianMorse
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys! I’m quite looking forward to the coming GP2 season, as I think there are some interesting drivers on the grid.

How many sets of tyres do teams have for the test? I had expected most drivers to do a lot more laps in six hours of track time. It strikes me as a bit strange to have all the teams and drivers come to Jerez, only to supply a very limited number of tyres to save cost. Better then to make the test just two days with the same number of tyres.

andae23
    Participant

Good question, I really don’t have a clue on this.

Matt
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys

The Mad Butcher is a chain of butcheries in NZ, where Mitch Evans is from.

Will be supporting him again this year. Anyone who watched last years GP3 finale will understand the stress levels the nation went through watching that race at Monza. Holey moley!

Ill be impressed if he can get regular top tens and some decent points finishes in the reverse grid races. He seems to have pretty good one lap pace

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@bascb – They took pay drivers in Formula 1, so it comes as no shock that they’re doing it here.

andae23
    Participant

Just noticed I wrote ‘Verhaug’ :/

Second day will be go, go, go in 28 minutes. No change in the drivers’ line-up.

BasCB
    Participant

No, its no shock @prisoner-monkeys, they started doing this in GP2 last year, even earlier than in GP2. But its disappointing non the less.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 408 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.