Nico Rosberg says race strategies are going to be fascinating” in 2011 due to the Pirelli tyres.
“The strategy is going to be really interesting this year and, thanks to Pirelli, we will have some very exciting races, so I’m really looking forward to seeing how it works out. As a driver, you always want to be more involved in the race, so that should be good.”
He added: “The race strategy is going to be fascinating and the number of pit stops should make it really exciting for the fans.”
He believes Mercedes have a good handle on the new tyres and other changes for 2011:
“We understand the Pirelli tyres well now, both over race distances and shorter qualifying runs, and had the opportunity to try them out in the wet on the last day in Barcelona.
“KERS took some getting used to: it was a completely new system for the team, and also for me as a driver.
“The trickiest thing from a driving point of view is under braking, because the amount of energy you try to harvest can really affect the balance of the car. The adjustable rear wing is actually fairly straightforward to operate and should bring an extra interest to the races.”
2011 F1 season
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image © Mercedes