Marussia reserve Rodolfo Gonzalez will make his first appearance in an official F1 session in Bahrain tomorrow.
“I?óÔé¼Ôäóm really happy with this opportunity to drive in my first FP1 session of the season,” said Gonzalez. “It will be a nice feeling to be back in a car ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ especially to drive a Formula 1 car again ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ and with my previous F1 experience I feel more than comfortable and ready.”
“I love this circuit. It will be quite dusty in FP1 but it?óÔé¼Ôäós also good fun and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm looking forward to seeing what I can achieve. I would like to thank the team for their faith in me. They have made me feel so welcome and have bent over backwards to involve me in every aspect of the racing.”
Gonzalez will make further practice session appearances during the year and the team will alternate which of their regular drivers’ cars he takes over.
2013 Bahrain Grand Prix
- 2013 Bahrain Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Vettel wins Bahrain Driver of the Weekend poll
- Bahrain rated best race of the year so far
- Bahrain was an “aberration”, says Vergne
- Alonso’s DRS failure the first of its kind – Ferrari
Image ?é?® Marussia