Max Chilton will have to serve a drive-through penalty within the first five laps of the United States Grand Prix.
This is the second time this year a driver has been issued a sanction by the stewards before the start of a race. Charles Pic was given a drive-through penalty in similar circumstances at the Japanese Grand Prix.
The stewards also penalised Esteban Gutierrez for holding up Maldonado, ruling he “unnecessarily impeded car 16 between turns 19 and 20 whilst performing maneuverers that the stewards consider dangerous”.
The Sauber driver was relegated ten places on the grid and will start the race from 20th position.
2013 United States Grand Prix
- Bottas claims first Driver of the Weekend vote win
- Second race at COTA gets much lower rating
- 2013 US GP Predictions Championship results
- 2013 United States Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- 2013 United States Grand Prix team radio transcript
Image © Marussia