IndyCar team Ganassi has confirmed it has signed Felix Rosenqvist for the 2019 season, as RaceFans revealed last month.
“To say I’m thrilled or excited to be making this step in my career would be an understatement,” said Rosenqvist.
“Coming to IndyCar and driving for Chip [Ganassi] is just a dream come true. I’ve followed the team for as long as I can remember, and it’s the kind of team and owner any driver would want to race for.
“Scott has had another tremendous season with three wins and a fifth title, so you absolutely couldn’t ask for anything more in a team mate.”
Ganassi owner Chip Ganassi said the team were “impressed by his ability”. Rosenqvist tested for Ganassi in 2016 and 2017.
“The time was right to get him in the number 10 car and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we are confident about what he can do behind the wheel next season.
“In addition, we are extremely proud to announce that NTT DATA has renewed with us as part of a multi-year deal. They have been a fantastic partner of the team and big advocates for the sport for a number of years and we are pleased to see it move into the future.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Pictures: Palou leads IndyCar Sebring test as drivers adjust to lighter cars
- Ilott gets McLaren test call-up as team seeks substitute for Malukas
- Malukas expected to miss McLaren debut after surgery on wrist
- IndyCar moves final race from Nashville street track to oval
- Why IndyCar drivers fear new hybrids could prove a “season-killer” for them