Alain Prost says he is “very disappointed” after news of his split from Alpine emerged today.
After details of the split emerged on Monday, Prost complained about the disclosure in a social media post.
“I am very disappointed how this new has been announced today,” said Prost. “It was agreed that we would announce together with Alpine F1 Team! No respect sorry!
“I have refused the offer made to me in Abu Dhabi for the 2022 season because of a personal relationship and I was right! To the Enstone and Viry team I will miss you.”
The loss of Prost is the second significant departure from the team so far this year. Alpine confirmed last week executive director Marcin Budkowski had left ahead of the new season. Otmar Szafnauer, who left Aston Martin earlier this year and has been replaced by Mike Krack, has been tipped to take the place vacated by Budkowski.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Why Leclerc says he cannot afford to play it safe in pursuit of another Monaco pole
- Norris ‘feeling much better’ and surprised to be ahead of Mercedes
- Lawson loses F2 feature race pole to Drugovich over yellow flag violation
- Tsunoda one reprimand away from 10-place penalty after impeding Magnussen
- Practice crash caused by ‘pushing too far in a couple of areas’ – Ricciardo