Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Going to the 2012 Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Chapor
    Participant

Oh man… I am getting nervous. Flying tomorrow evening from Windhoek Namibia to Frankfurt, and then straight on to Milan on Friday morning. Hopefully I can make the second free practice still…

First time F1 race. I am so happy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

All packed and ready for the off tomorrow morning. Due to unforseen circumstances, I am now travelling alone (female), so anyone on the Grandstand tour, look out for a lonesome, but friendly old gal…..I’m completely harmless, and really looking forward to the Grand Prix weekend :-)

Matt Clark
    Participant

Woot!! Just checked in at Milan. Four days at Monza, bring it on ;D

Graham
    Participant

To mclarentastic, I am also travelling alone (from Edinburgh) tomorrow. I’ve travelled to GPs alone a few times now with Grandstand (I assume you mean Grandstand Motorsports?) and they have always taken good care of me :-) I first went to the Italian GP in 2009 and I loved it. Being a McLaren fan on Ferrari territory can seem a bit daunting but the Tifosi are a great bunch :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Graham and thanks for the reply.
    Yeah I’m not daunted by lone travel at all really. My biggest obstacle, particularly with sporting events (I also follow cricket) is men that are guarded, thinking I’m a preditary female….I’m not, lol ! I’m just a regular friendly gal who loves her sport.
    My ex and I went to a Serie A game years ago so know first hand what the footballing tifosi are like !
    Been to Spa twice with Page and Moye so giving Grandstand a bash this time.
    Maybe see you there…..looking forward to it lots :-)

Graham
    Participant

Hi mclarentastic,

Lol, well I’m sure you will have a great time. I went to Spa last year with Grandstand, sat at Eau Rouge and was in my element ;-)
    I’m staying in the Hotel Marcos at Lake Commo, maybe see you on the coach, I’ll be the guy with the glasses, McLaren cap and bag lol. I won’t get into Lake Commo until after 6pm tomorrow, just hope I can find a shop open to get some water etc for taking to the track.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I arrive in the afternoon too; flight due in at 16:00. I’m at the Hotel Park, so yeah probably see you on the bus although I’m not going in on Friday, but spending the day sightseeing on the lake, so maybe see you Saturday.

Graham
    Participant

I’m going in on the Friday, will hunt down my seat to see what the view is like (I’m sitting in alta velocita c) then I’ll have a wee wander I think lol. The woman who is going to be our rep is really nice, I met her briefly when I went to the Spanish GP last year and have spoken to her over the phone a couple of times.
    Have fun sightseeing, looks a really nice place :-)

David
    Participant

I will arrive after 10pm at Bergamo looks like trains stop by then,maybe i will have to stay at the Airport

Andrew
    Participant

I have got a bus booked fro the airport to Milan Central, David

David
    Participant

what time is that,and is it leaving from Bergamo?

Andrew
    Participant

Yes, timetable says they run till 1am. I am guessing I am same flight as you!

David
    Participant

i am flying from stanstead 7.10 pm

Andrew
    Participant

Maybe not then, but both arrive at similar times. I arrive at 10. Look out for another confused English guy!!

David
    Participant

you traveling with mates?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.