Adrian Sutil has issued a statement following reports he was involved in a fight in a Shanghai bar.
Sutil said: “In response to the rumours that have appeared in the media regarding an incident in a Shanghai club, I wish to make the following statement:
“After the Grand Prix in Shanghai I attended a party on the Sunday evening away from the track where I unintentionally injured another guest. I have unreservedly apologised for this.
“As this is a private matter, which has nothing to do with Formula 1, I will make no further public comments on this subject.”
Eric Lux, the chief executive of Genii Capital which owns the Renault F1 team, is reported to be the person who was injured.
2011 F1 season
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
- What F1 Fanatics really thought of the 2011 season
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image © Force India F1 Team