A team representative told F1 Fanatic in October they had a “long-term” deal with Glock which included a deal to race in 2013. There has been no official confirmation of the report Glock is leaving.
The report quotes Glock saying he has parted from the team on amicable terms and wishes “to make myself new challenges and continue my journey in motorsports”. It says the news will be made official tomorrow.
Glock joined the team when it entered F1 as Virgin in 2010. His 2012 team mate Charles Pic has moved to Caterham for this year and Max Chilton is set to take his place.
Update: Marussia have confirmed Glock is leaving:
2013 F1 season
- Mercedes originally favoured Heidfeld for Hamilton’s seat
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image © Marussia