A Hollywood composer has confirmed he is working on a new theme tune commissioned by Formula One.
Brian Tyler, whose film music credits include the Avengers: Age of Ultron and instalments of the Fast and Furious franchise, revealed on Twitter he has been “chosen to compose the Formula 1 theme”.
“This is a life long dream come true as I am a massive Formula 1 fan,” he added.
A Formula One Management spokesperson to RaceFans they are developing new music to enhance the presentation of the sport.
“Within the context of looking at ways to bring fans closer to Formula 1, we are exploring all avenues to refresh the look and feel of the show,” they said. “Music is a key component of the emotion of sport and we are engaging with top international talent in order to develop a new signature tune for F1.”
“This is a process in development and we will make a formal announcement at the right time.”
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year