Mercedes has revealed the first images of its W13, its new car for the 2022 Formula 1 season.as had been tipped pre-season.
The W13 will be driven by Lewis Hamilton, who will again pursue an eighth world championship title following his narrow defeat at the end of last season, and new team mate George Russell. The former Mercedes junior driver moves up to the team after three years at Williams.
Team principal Toto Wolff is confident they have met the challenge posed by the drastic change in regulations for the 2022 season.
“We did pretty well during the last big regulatory change into the hybrid era and performed well when we went from the narrow to the wide cars in 2017,” he said. “While we have a good track record, my message is clear: we can’t rely on past success for this year’s performance, but we can rely on our people, our culture, our structure, and our mindset to do the best possible job for 2022.”
Pictures: 2022 Mercedes W13
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- The case for changing F1’s penalty points system as Gasly nears ban
- Aston Martin fined $450,000 for F1 budget cap violation
- Red Bull fined $7 million and lose development time for 2021 budget cap breach
- Hamilton: F1 ‘might as well not have a cost cap if the penalty is a slap on the wrist’
- Red Bull need penalty that “really hurts them” if they exceeded budget cap – Bottas