Lewis Hamilton said he doesn’t want to go through another race like he had today.
The Mercedes driver finished 12th after starting on the front row of the grid for the Spanish Grand Prix.
“It was an experience that I don’t really want to go through again,” he said after the race. ” But that’s motor racing.”
Hamilton said he was unable to make his tyres last: “I was doing absolutely everything the same that I did in Bahrain but the tyres just didn’t come in, they didn’t give me good grip,” he said. “I wasn’t able to push and if I did the tyres went off immediately. Absolutely lost today, I don’t know what went on.”
“It seems like others have made a bigger step forward this weekend than we did,” he added. “If anything we didn’t make a step forward.”
“Although we brought upgrades they didn’t really fix the problems that we have with the degradation. Nico proved that the car wasn’t that as bad but for some reason mine just went backwards.”
2013 Spanish Grand Prix
- Why the Spanish GP was better in person than on TV
- Ferrari one-two in Spanish GP Driver of the Weekend
- Spanish Grand Prix gets lowest rating of 2013 so far
- 2013 Spanish Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Ferrari join Lotus in criticising tyre revisions
Image © Mercedes/Hoch Zwei