Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Baku City Circuit.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Max Verstappen||3rd||-0.354s||43/45||1||18th||Not on same lap|
|Sergio Perez||6th||+0.354s||2/45||2||1st||Not on same lap|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||5th||+0.358s||2/51||2||8th||+3.881s|
|George Russell||15th||-0.4s||34/48||3||17th||Not on same lap|
|Nicholas Latifi||16th||+0.4s||14/48||2||13th||Not on same lap|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix?
- Lewis Hamilton (1%)
- Valtteri Bottas (0%)
- Max Verstappen (11%)
- Sergio Perez (21%)
- Lando Norris (0%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (0%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (56%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (3%)
- Charles Leclerc (1%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Pierre Gasly (8%)
- Yuki Tsunoda (0%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (0%)
- Antonio Giovinazzi (0%)
- Mick Schumacher (0%)
- Nikita Mazepin (0%)
- George Russell (0%)
- Nicholas Latifi (0%)
- No opinion (0%)
Total Voters: 252
A RaceFans account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- Pirelli confirm teams not to blame for Baku tyre failures following investigation
- “Tyres should not explode like that” says Villeneuve as Pirelli prepares to reveal findings
- Why Alonso is able to enjoy F1 more now than when he left
- Penalty for Safety Car error was just one of Latifi’s frustrations in Baku
- Perez credits Albon’s contribution to his first win for Red Bull
Debates and polls
- Will Formula 1’s new cars for 2022 prove a change for the better?
- Who should Mercedes hire as Hamilton’s team mate for 2022?
- Will F1’s new Sprint Qualifying races enhance the championship?
- 10 years of DRS: Should F1 wean itself off push-button passes?
- Which F1 team has the best-looking car for 2021?