Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the French Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Paul Ricard.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Esteban Ocon||11th||+0.187s||10/52||1||14th||Not on same lap|
|Fernando Alonso||9th||-0.187s||42/52||1||8th||Not on same lap|
|Charles Leclerc||7th||+0.147s||11/52||2||16th||Not on same lap|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||5th||-0.147s||41/52||1||11th||Not on same lap|
|Pierre Gasly||6th||52/52||1||7th||Not on same lap|
|Yuki Tsunoda||20th||0/52||1||13th||Not on same lap|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2021 French Grand Prix weekend?
- No opinion (1%)
- Nicholas Latifi (0%)
- George Russell (6%)
- Nikita Mazepin (0%)
- Mick Schumacher (0%)
- Antonio Giovinazzi (0%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (1%)
- Yuki Tsunoda (0%)
- Pierre Gasly (2%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Charles Leclerc (1%)
- Fernando Alonso (6%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (1%)
- Lance Stroll (3%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (3%)
- Lando Norris (9%)
- Sergio Perez (4%)
- Max Verstappen (60%)
- Valtteri Bottas (0%)
- Lewis Hamilton (5%)
Total Voters: 190
A RaceFans account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2021 French Grand Prix
- The potentially crucial differences in how Bottas and Perez help their team mates
- How much-maligned Paul Ricard produced “one of the most exciting races for five years”
- Todt would “prefer less controversy” in Formula 1
- Wolff encouraged by ‘real progress’ from Bottas in French GP
- Red Bull’s French GP win disproves accusations over tyres and wings – Horner
Debates and polls
- Is DRS-baiting dangerous, or a legitimate tactic?
- Do Andretti-Cadillac deserve a place on the Formula 1 grid?
- Has Sargeant proved he deserves another season in Formula 1?
- Should the F1 world championship be decided by a 19-lap sprint race?
- Who should Red Bull run in their second F1 team in 2024?