Formula 2 driver Dan Ticktum will move into Formula E with NIO next year, filling the final space on the grid.He was dropped from the latter unexpectedly in August.
The 22-year-old lies fourth in the F2 standings with DAMS. He is 49 points behind leader Oscar Piastri and still in contention to win the championship over the remaining two triple-header rounds.
He is the third rookie to join the Formula E field for 2022. Ticktum’s fellow newcomers include Antonio Giovinazzi, who will head to the series following his departure from Alfa Romeo’s Formula 1 team, and Oliver Askew, who was announced as Andretti’s second driver yesterday.
Testing for the new Formula E season will begin in Valencia next week.
Formula E drivers confirmed for 2022 so far
|Antonio Felix da Costa
|Nyck de Vries
|Lucas di Grassi
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Formula E boss will pay $250,000 to charity if Verstappen loses championship
- Canny Cassidy controls proceedings to win second Diriyah race
- Dennis dominates in Diriyah as Evans loses podium finish at final corner
- Formula E attracts backing from Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund
- While F1 is eager for more street tracks, Formula E is drifting away from them
Browse all Formula E articles