Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the Japanese Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Suzuka.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Q stage||Q pos.||Q gap to team mate||GP grid pos.||GP pos.|
|Sergio Perez||Q3||5||+0.773s||5||Not classified|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Q3||6||+0.308s||6||6|
|Valtteri Bottas||Q1||16||-0.349s||16||Not classified|
|Lance Stroll||Q1||17||+0.210s||17||Not classified|
|Alexander Albon||Q2||13||13||Not classified|
|Logan Sargeant||Q1||20||20||Not classified|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2023 Japanese Grand Prix weekend?
- No opinion (1%)
- Logan Sargeant (3%)
- Alexander Albon (0%)
- Yuki Tsunoda (0%)
- Liam Lawson (4%)
- Kevin Magnussen (1%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (1%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Guanyu Zhou (0%)
- Valtteri Bottas (0%)
- Oscar Piastri (29%)
- Lando Norris (12%)
- Pierre Gasly (0%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- George Russell (0%)
- Lewis Hamilton (3%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (1%)
- Charles Leclerc (2%)
- Sergio Perez (2%)
- Max Verstappen (42%)
Total Voters: 109
A RaceFans account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2023 Japanese Grand Prix
- Norris: Red Bull’s dominance down to ‘small things which make a big difference’
- Mercedes must halve deficit to Red Bull before 2024 season starts – Hamilton
- Mercedes expect “tight” fight for second in championship after Ferrari gains
- Norris breaks Hulkenberg’s record for most points without a win in F1
- Transcript: What Alonso really meant by being “thrown to the lions” at Suzuka
Debates and polls
- Is DRS-baiting dangerous, or a legitimate tactic?
- Do Andretti-Cadillac deserve a place on the Formula 1 grid?
- Has Sargeant proved he deserves another season in Formula 1?
- Should the F1 world championship be decided by a 19-lap sprint race?
- Who should Red Bull run in their second F1 team in 2024?