F1 Games

How’s your F1 2010 career going?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 494 total)
  • Author
    Icthyes
    Participant

sw6569, is the difficulty setting you’re using in fact legend – wait for it…

Despite all the hoo-ha about the problems, after reading this thread I’m really tempted to go out and buy the game now. And a new control pad for the PC of course!

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Does anyone here actually notice a difference when driving in the wet? Just did Q2 at Istanbul in the pouring rain with full wets on and managed a lap only around half a second slower than I did in the dry. I could also take turn 8 faster than I could in the dry and the only discernable differences in handling I could make are slightly more understeer in the rain and slightly increased braking distances. That was counteracted by the fact I could get on the throttle much earlier…

Also the pit stop glitch is really horrid. Just had a 20 second stop because the lollipop man spent 15 of those seconds waiting for every other car in the pit lane to go out first, lost me a chance of my first points or possibly even a podium (I was harrying Button for 3rd when I came in).

Time for some better strategies to avoid said pit lane glitch…

TommyB
    Participant

Currently 2nd in the championship with two races to go. Have no contract for next year. Not even with my current team STR. All other teams say they are unhappy with things I’ve said in the press…

Wut?

Dan Thorn
    Participant

The effect the press interviews have is crazy. Even though I’m exceeding the teams objectives, HRT are currently unhappy with me because I said I don’t think it’s possible for us to win the championship this year…

fahadalam007
    Participant

5 year career with Sauber alongside Kamui.Started first race on medium difficulty but then shifted to hard all aids off.first race was a bummer qualified on pole 10 place grid penalty 5 times cut the chichane and a drive through penalty finished 4th but won every race execpt catalunya where CHANDOCK won (without stopping!!!)Became the champion wohoooooooooooooo in spa in a thriller started 14th (penalty)and won from Alonso just 0.7 seconds AHEADDDDD (in rain).then the MEDIA became SUSPICIOUS that i was joining ferrari and am joining ferrari in singapore gp.the funniest question was that when the interviewer asked me what did i feel of becoming a champ i said nothing(kimi style)which cost me my contract at sauber i really hate the penalty system.But overall i love it.

TommyB
    Participant

The effect the press interviews have is crazy. Even though I’m exceeding the teams objectives, HRT are currently unhappy with me because I said I don’t think it’s possible for us to win the championship this year…

Agreed, what am I meant to say, does anyone know?

I am going into the final race leading the title with Toro Rosso. Every team is unhappy with my comments to the press. Toro Rosso have withdrew my contract as I’ve left it too late as I was hoping to hear from another team…

TommyB
    Participant

Been offered a contract with Red Bull, HRT, Lotus, Virgin. Hmmm… wonder who I’ll choose.

Actually I’ve started again. 7 seasons with Virgin on Expert mode.

MattHT
    Participant

Only got in on medium so far, and not finding it particularly difficult. Came 5th at bahrain after starting 15th. Got pit-glitched at Australia and finished outside the points, and have qualified 3rd for Sepang with heavy rain predicted for the race…..not too bad. Gonna stick to the time-trials for a while though until i learn the ropes!

infy
    Participant

Playing on expert with all aids off and what not. The virgin is pretty horrid. I managed to win my first race in the wet at manaco. Had one podium before that at Australia. Coming 7th in the championship at the moment which I think is pretty good seeing as my car is around a second a lap slower on the straights alone.

The biggest issue I’ve found is the manufactured results. I’ll do my stop while in 2nd, and come out in 24th after the pitcrew decided to keep me around for no reason. That or it gives me punctures (even without going off the track).

Overall, the driving and feel in this game is terrible. I’m very used to the F1 mods for rFactor and sorry to say but F1 2010 feels like need for speed shift, compared to rFactor. Like I’m driving on air, but it was to be expected.

Driving in the wet is as easy as driving in the dry. As fast too. It only gets tricky with the drying of the track.

The largest problem I have with the game (as it is actually a very big flaw), is how there is absolutely no sense of speed. Driving 20km/h feels exactly the same as driving at 300km/h. I’ve missed numerous apex’s simply because I thought I was going slower than I really was going.

I’m glad I downloaded it, and didn’t waste my money on such a blind game.

Rucknar
    Participant

7 Year carrer.

Hard mode with all the assists off.

Long race weekend

Full race distance

LOVING IT :) I’m racing on the 360 with the official wheel and it’s a joy to use. Yes i occasionally have a spin but that’s more down to me trying to put down 56 qualifying laps, race pace is a difficult craft!

I’ve got my qualifying sorted and can usually make Q3, i quite like how P1/P2/P3/Q1/Q2/Q3 and race take me pretty much 5/6 hours, it really helps immerse you into the ‘race weekend’ world.

Had a few plays online too but i don’t know any of the tracks past Shanghai so i struggled somewhat finding out the braking zones for Monza on my first lap.

I’m hoping to get an offer off Williams after the first or second season, from there i’ll probably sit pretty until my final 7th season and go for Mclaren or Redbull.

I see a lot of people unhappy with the penalty system, i must say after my first race all i’ve had have been a few warnings when i spin in practice learning a new track. Never had anything in the race or Quali that’s a problem.

Tag : Superted666

damonsmedley
    Participant

Agreed, what am I meant to say, does anyone know?

You are supposed to say things like the team is doing very well and that you expect to be very competitive. Basically you just have to praise their efforts and the manager will tell you, “The team was very happy with how you handled the press, they told me to thank you”. It says that the team are pleased with me after just 3 races…

I’m going to be loyal and see if I can build Virgin up to being a front-running team by helping them build a monster of a car in a few seasons time.

damonsmedley
    Participant

I’m going to be loyal and see if I can build Virgin up to being a front-running team by helping them build a monster of a car in a few seasons time.

Does anyone know if this is actually possible? If it is then that’d be quite fun!

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I always say the most negative things in interviews, just for the hell of it. For all the hype over it, the novelty of the interviews wears off very quickly.

The game itself is pretty fun though, despite lots of niggling problems. I’m up to Hungary in my first season. I’ve got 8 points for 6th in Canada, though my team still seem to hate me. Probably because of the aforementioned negative press conferences. I’ve driven every track now except Spa and Monza, and against all expectations Valencia is one of my favourites

sw6569
    Participant

as far as I know you can’t take virgin to be a front running team (you can make them good, but never better than the rest).

I’ve basically stopped playing career mode for the moment. Got to Melbourne lol. I’ve been having a lot of fun online – once you find a good group of people who race fair its great fun! Been playing grand prix mode a lot :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.