F1 Games

How’s your F1 2010 career going?

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 494 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I made a table on Excel with a recap of all my F1 2010 career results – Wikipedia style:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Malaysia
    I’m finally getting to grips with the car, and I managed to secure a place in Q2 with hard tyres, although I was only 17th. A hard job to get into Q3, but I made it, and I lay 6th until a minute from the end, when others improved and I fell to 8th place.
    As usual I was fast on the first lap, and reached P4: Button led ahead of Webber and Vettel. I passed the German into turn 9 and later engaged in a one-lap duel with the his team mate. He ultimately had the upper hand and ran away as well.
    Due to a mistake entering the pit lane I lost a position to Vettel, and Liuzzi led being on an opposite strategy to the other front runners. Vettel was held up by Hulkenberg, but I couldn’t catch up.
    Button won and to my surprise Hamilton was second, not Webber, who was 8th; Liuzzi was 3rd, Vettel 4th and I finished in 5th position. Buemi was 21st and has no points yet.
    I’m still leading the championship with 6 points on Webber.

Season 5 – Toro Rosso #1
    Poles: 1 – Wins: 1 – Doubles: 1 – Grand Slams: 0

Bahrain – Pole + 1st
    Australia – 11th + 2nd
    Malaysia – 8th + 5th

Anonymous
    Inactive

China
    I qualified only in 11th place after numerous efforts to improve myself: somehow I always messed up a corner in each lap.
    I made up places at the start taking the inside line into the first corners, and rached 2nd place as Webber and Hamilton were battling against each other. Vettel on the other hand escaped from my sight and had over 7 seconds of margin on me as lap 4 started. Webber had pitted on lap 2, and most of the others pitted between laps 4 and 5. I, who had started on hard tyres, kept running until lap 6, when I saw that Barrichello and de la Rosa were holding Vettel up, 13s behind me. I came out 8th though, and passed Peteov after half a lap. As the remaining drivers pitted, I reached P4, just behind Hamilton. However I ran wide at the following corner and lost concentration, resulting in a big loss of time. Rosberg reached me, and I spun on lap 9, letting both him and Barrichello through. I took the position back on Rubens at the following corner, on the outside, but I couldn’t catch up on Rosberg, and finished 5th. Vettel won ahead of Alonso and Hamilton, and Webber was out of the points, so I still lead the standings with 63 points.

Season 5 – Toro Rosso #1
    Poles: 1 – Wins: 1 – Doubles: 1 – Grand Slams: 0

Bahrain – Pole + 1st
    Australia – 11th + 2nd
    Malaysia – 8th + 5th
    China – 11th + 5th

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spain
    I passed into Q2 after a number of laps trying to take every tenth I could, using hard tyres. Then the sky became cloudy and it started to rain a little at the end of Q2, when I already had secured a place in the top 10. In Q3 it didn’t rain unfortunately, and as the gaps were smaller I was only 9th.
    The race, on the other hand, was run on full wets and there still was little traction as the circuit was flooded. I rose to second place after the first two corners, and tackled Vettel for the first lap, and divided on the inside of turn 1 on lap 2, taking the lead. I set my fastest lap, but then slowed down as I tried not to make silly mistakes and throw away what could have been my first career win in Barcelona. I drifted a few times in the high-speed corners, and half-way through the race I did so at the final corner: Vettel came alongside me and Hamilton was right behind, but I held the inside line and maintained P1. The rain decreased a little but I didn’t realize it until the final couple of laps, when I repeatedly lowered my best time by a second, each lap, ultimately taking the chequered flag in front of Webber and Vettel.
    I now lead the championship with 88 points against Webber’s 65.

Season 5 – Toro Rosso #1
    Poles: 1 – Wins: 2 – Doubles: 1 – Grand Slams: 0

Bahrain – Pole + 1st
    Australia – 11th + 2nd
    Malaysia – 8th + 5th
    China – 11th + 5th
    Spain – 9th + 1st

Harry Westwood
    Participant

hi guys i was in F1 2010 with virgin f1 team, and did 2 races, bahrain and oz and heres how they went:
    (30% race distance, tcs: medium, abs: on, difficulty: legend and all sims on full)
    Bahrain:
    With the “interesting” layout that was exclusively used in 2010, i was always very quick at this circuit.
    i got through to Q2 on the harder tyre, but found i needed a lap on softs to get into Q3. I am not great over 1 single lap though, (far from it in fact) so i slapped on a brand new set of hards and went out there and just glided the car around the circuit. didnt take a lot out of the tyres, was a respectable time. This was literally the moment Q3 had started. so i just watched it unfold and to my surprise i qualified 5th, which i was very happy with.
    I used hards in Q3 so i could start the race on the things.
    When it came to the race i was on the grid, and then the lights were out! I had a FI try to squeeze past (bad top speed in the virgin) but then did some incredibly late braking into turn 1 i was 3rd, got a better run out of the corner than button was in second. Managed to squeeze past webber for 1st at turn three and for the first three laps i was driving a bit quicker than i should’ve. then i settled into a rythm, keeping the gap steady at a couple tenths, occasionally (hamilton was now in second) hamilton would try a move on the pit straight, as his car was much faster in a straight line, i merely pulled over to the inside and he inched past me, but i out-braked him into turn 1. i picked the hards to softs strategy because i spent 11 laps on the hards, 4 on the softs and so at around lap 5 almost everyone pitted. I was comfortably in the lead, over barichello and even senna (in the hrt remember) in second and third respectively. Eventually i got to lap 11, and pitted. Pitstop was quite slow, 4.5s, and i emerged with a correct order restored, all pitstops had been made either 1 or 2 laps earlier, or on the same lap. I had a comfy lead of 3s when i came out, but i was on softs and button (now in 2nd) was on hards, meaning for 4 laps i just thrashed around the track on the softs, much more bite at the front. I won by 10s in the end.

Next race was same strategy and settings, again it was hard for Q1, soft for Q2, hard for Q3 but this time in Q3 i qualified a measly 9th. so we lined up and then the lights were out! was harder to make a good start here, again a car tried to speed around me under acceleration, but then into 4th out of the 1st turn, past alonso. the next braking zone; 3rd, past vettel Then i try to slice past button in the chicane afterwards but it doesnt work, i have to wait for the corner after that. then i’m chasing webber, right on is gearbox, he’s definately on the back foot, defending hard until at the point where i took button i brake dangerously late and get past. then i pull away a little, same as in bahrain until the majority of the field on softs pits with the recommended strategy, with algersuari in second and kobayashi in 3rd, with a gap of around 25s. then again like in bahrain i pit and order is restored but i’m not as fast comparatively around melbourne as i am at bahrain, and it is webber’s home gp. i emerge third, a second behind hamilton and with webber 5s away from him? a challenge has been issued. button is 3s behind, closely followed by vettel. they’re out of the picture. it’s now a three horse race. I catch up to and pass hamilton in one lap at turn 1, and set about catching webber (remember we’re on different tyres that have been used for different amounts of laps) and so with 5 laps left i’m right up his gearbox and he defends very well for two laps. with three laps to go, he defends well for the rest of the lap, but at the penultimate corner, the hairpin? well a few corners ago my team said:
    “right there’s only three laps left to go, if your going to pull a move on him do it now”
    this spurred me on a little bit. down the back straight before the final sequence of turns, i planned ahead. i knew the next two turns were not passing opportunities so i loomed very large behind him, pressuring him. then as we came out of the third to last corner, i began to accelerate, and went for a dummy. i flicked the car to point at the inside line. a paranoid mark webber instantly flicked his car over, just missing me, to guard his line. then, just before, and under braking i then flicked the car to the outside and out-braked him. we were neck and neck on turn-in, then i had the inside line for the last corner. he attempted to squeeze me out of it put i held strong. then i just drove off, winning by 3s.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

by the way anyone from GB and is on PS3 reading this, if u want to take part in my championship just take a look at this link:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1-games/forum/topic/hows-your-f1-2011-career-going/?topic_page=10&num=15#post-64508

Anonymous
    Inactive

Monaco
    I struggled to qualify in 9th place, and, knowing I had less pace than the others, I aimed at earning several places at the start. In fact, I reached 4th place, and overtook Webber on lap 2 at the hairpin. I pitted on lap 4 to avoid being held up in the pit lane, but lost two places to the Ferraris; Buemi was also 3rd. I overtook Massa at the hairpin on lap 7, but a mistake on lap 9 while I was getting closer to Alonso demoted me back to 6th place and I definitively gave up trying to improve my position. However, I still pushed knowing my team mate still had to pit, and he came out just behind me. My driving was, from then on, defensive, but on lap 14 I smashed my front wing at the final chicane, and Buemi hit me, losing his. I continued and defended my 5th place, but he pitted and ended up 21st. Hamilton won ahead of Alonso, Button and Massa.

Turkey
    I was satisfied with qualifying in 4th place with a single lap in Q3. I took the lead of the race and held it until I pitted on lap 4: Massa and Vettel, who were right behind me, did the same, but the Ferrari driver and me were forced to wait in our pit boxes as the other drivers passed, and Vettel overtook both of us. Alonso led Hamilton, then there was Vettel, then me followed by Massa. I was convinced that the leading pair still had to pit, but they didn’t in the end and I finished 4th. I’m now leading the standings by only 3 points on Hamilton.

Canada
    After reaching the R&D objectives the team gave me the upgrade I was most looking forward to: the “fast” throttle map: it allowed me to take pole position, on hard tyres, by 1.7 seconds. The race was wet and I was consistently the fastest driver on track, pulling away from my pursuers. The rain decreased halfway-through, allowing me to beat the fastest lap, ultimately reaching a 1:19.1. I won the race ahead of my nearest championship rival, Hamilton.

Europe
    I qualified in 7th place, which wasn’t bad although I expected more. Because of a glitch I was forced to start on hard tyres, and, taking the outside line at turn 2, I reached 4th place; then I overtook Alonso and started battling with Hamilton. I passed him at the 2nd chicane, time by which Webber had ran away. I was getting closer to him and, at times, was losing ground, but when he pitted on lap 6 two very bad lap times caused me to lose a place to Hamilton when I pitted on lap 7. I exited the pit lane just ahead of Rosberg who was overtaking Petrov, but I was faster than both. I quickly reduced my gap to the two frontrunners but then they started pushing. A spin on the last lap put my podium in danger, but I was quick in turning around before Rosberg reached me. I finished 3rd behind Webber and Hamilton.

Great Britain
    I started a slow work of improving my setup throughout Q1, and I passed into Q2. I was 9th until my time was beaten, but I couldn’t improve and ended 11th. I passed both Mercedes and Renaults, as well as Massa, at the start, but I was much slower than the others and I held them up. I was on hard tyres, and most drivers pitted on lap 3. I ended up leading the race between lap 5 and lap 6, when I decided to anticipate my stop. I came out 10th, just behind Kubica who was being slowed down by Kobayashi, and passed both. I was faster than Massa and I was slowly getting closer, but there was no more time and Webber won the race. Hamilton was 6th, so I maintain my championship lead by 3 points.

Season 5 – Toro Rosso #1
    Poles: 2 – Wins: 3 – Doubles: 2 – Grand Slams: 1
    Bahrain – 1st + 1st
    Australia – 11th + 2nd
    Malaysia – 8th + 5th
    China – 11th + 5th
    Spain – 9th + 1st
    Monaco – 9th + 5th
    Turkey – 4th + 4th
    Canada – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    Europe – 7th + 3rd
    Great Britain – 11th + 8th

Paulocreed
    Participant

F1 2010 PS3 – using Logitech G27 w/ Playseat
    Season 5 – 4 WDC – Short Race Weekend
    Driver Aids: (Racing Line on only, rest are all off)
    Realistic, tyre/fuel sim: on, collision: off
    Difficulty: Legend AI
    Driver No. 1 for Virgin Racing

Race 1: Bahrain
    Qualified: 6th row of the grid, starting from 9th with Option Tyre (green stripe)

The lights went green and off I go, getting as good a start as possible with the Virgin car which was 2 seconds off the fastest Q lap by M.Webber.
    Breaked early for Turn 1 and got a clean exit out of turn 1 to make 2 passes, a scuffle ahead of me with Schumacher and the car ahead gives me an easy pass at Turn 2. Next car already pulling away till I reach turn 4, Massa breaking early as I just barely bump him as he defends to the outside, I take the inside line and pass, catching the car ahead to pass on turn 5,6,7. bringing me up to 3rd with Alonso and Webber ahead.
    I catch them at turn 9, 10 but they are too quick on the straight and pull away with Webber staying ahead of Alonso.
    I try to keep up with them, they both block me at turn 1, I have no way through and they pull away again. I keep at it and catch alonso at turn 5, 6, passing him on the inside. Start chasing Webber and make a move at turn 14 heading to the start finish line, we’re side by side with Webber slightly ahead and pulling out till we reach Turn 1. I break early and block his line, getting a good clean exit into turn 2 and pull away in the lead. I try to keep him at back pulling a half second lead into the next lap. Out of nowhere Alonso catches and makes a run on me on lap 3 (this Virgin engine has not been worked in yet) on the straight after turn 10 when I’m requested to go into the pit to switch my worn out options for new set of primes. We take turn 11 side by side and barely make contact but I pull away and Alonso spun enabling me to pull away to the pits easily.

I come out of the pits to find Liuzzi in the lead and I’m in 8th place. Hulkenburg who is also ahead of me had just set the fastest lap. The next lap or two the other cars do their pit thing bringing me back into the lead. Pulling a Vettel, I try to control the gap behind me and drive as consistent as possible. 4 laps to go I notice Schumacher starting to catch me. He ends up going to the pits on the last lap, so I assume it’s smooth sailing with Webber roughly 10 seconds behind taking 2nd. I made a mistake at turn 5 and spin out of control sliding on the gravel. I panic and finally make it back onto the track with webber right behind me now.
    He’s right on my tail up until turn 11 and I start to pull away. Crossing the line a second ahead (somehow) to take my first WIN of the season with Virgin Racing!
    Timo Glock my team mate finished in 4th putting us in the lead in the Constructors.

Next race Australia………

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 11: Germany
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 3rd
    Having struggled to 13th in Q1, I was 4th in Q2; being by far the quickest in sector 1, I lost most of that margin in sector 2, and a few more tenths in sector 3. However, Q3 was wet, and on intermediate tyres my disadvantage vanished and I took pole position by 2.7 seconds. Believing I could keep a faster pace than my rivals, I started on hard tyres, whilst most of the others were on softs. I kept Vettel and Button behind me in the first laps, but it wasn’t easy and the German passed ahead on a couple of occasions, before I took the lead back. I had to wait until lap 8 to pit, and I lost two positions. I was around 2 seconds behind Button, and although, especially in the end, I was getting closer to him, I couldn’t reach him and I finished 3rd behind Vettel and Button. Having beaten Hamilton, who was 4th, I now lead the championship by 6 points.

Race 12: Hungary
    Qualifying: 9th – Race: 12th
    I struggled a lot in qualifying, and could only manage 9th, two places behind Buemi. I recovered two positions at the start and a further two on the second lap, then I pitted on lap 4 to avoid being held up by my lollipop man, but it didn’t happen as Hamilton overtook me. I overtook the two Renaults, then Button to find me in 12th place, just behind Hamilton. He later overtook Chandhok, which I couldn’t do, and finishing 10th he earned one point on me in the standings. I finished outside the top 10 for the first time in 82 races; Alonso won the race.

Race 13: Belgium
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 1st
    Q1 was dry and my pace looked satisfying; however Q2 and Q3 were wet and I took pole by 3.7 seconds on Hamilton. I started the race in soft tyres and kept the lead ahead of Alonso. I extended the stint by one lap and pitted on lap 4 together with Alonso, but I didn’t wait for him to pass before leaving my pits, and stayed ahead. Button was leading but pitted later, and I took the lead back, although Alonso was still in sight of me, 2 seconds behind. I made a mistake on the last lap and lost the position for a few corners before I took it back, and won the race ahead of Alonso and Button; Hamilton was 7th.

Race 14: Italy
    Qualifying: 2nd – Race: 1st
    Before the race I agreed to sign a contract with Sauber for next season.
    I was leading Q3 by what I thought was a safe margin but as the track got quicker Webber, with less than a minute left, beat my time by 7 thousandths of a second and put me into P2. Despite having a slower getaway, I braked later and passed into the lead at the first chicane, and kept my lead from then on. I pitted on lap 5 and remained ahead, crucially, of the backmarkers which had yet to pit, and I avoided being slowed down. I pushed till the end and won by 11 seconds on Webber, who was followed by Button, whilst Hamilton dropped to 7th place. I now lead the championship by 40 points on Mark Webber who is 3 points in front of Hamilton.

Race 15: Singapore
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 2nd
    One single lap in Q3 was enough for me to secure pole position. I kept the position at the start and me and Vettel built a safe lead on the others, but he kept getting closer to me. He pitted on lap 4, I did so on lap 5 and exited 5 seconds behind him, to my astonishment. I tried to recover the deficit but I made a mistake, gifting him another 3 seconds. I pushed even harder but I nearly made another mistake, and decided not to put my second place under threat by Alonso. I kept going fast but not enough to cut the gap to Vettel. On the penultimate lap I spun in the tunnel and lost my front wing. My final lap was very defensive as I tried, with success, not to lose the place. Vettel won and I led Massa, Hamilton and Kubica.

Race 16: Japan
    Qualifying: 9th – Race: 3rd
    I was painfully slow in all sessions, so to get through to Q3 was great news; however, once there, I expected to finish higher than 9th. By staying on the inside line I recovered four positions at the start, plus other two at the hairpin, and I was in 3rd place. I decided to anticipate my pit stop to lap 3, forecasting the pit lane to be crowded on the following lap. I crucially remained ahead of Webber, Button and Kubica, but lost places to Rosberg and Massa: the latter was on a two-stop strategy, so I got ahead a few laps later, whilst the German retired. When the backmarkers also pitted I rose up back to 3rd place. I was far behind and losing more and more ground from the two leaders, and holding back everyone else, but I managed to do so and finished 3rd, 27 seconds after Vettel crossed the chequered flag, 2 seconds ahead of Hamilton. I now lead the English driver by 44 points in the standings, whole the German is a further 14 points behind.

Race 17: South Korea
    Qualifying: 8th – Race: 2nd
    I had to set plenty of laps before I could reach Q3, but there I decided to set one only lap at the end of the session, and I was 8th. I managed to recover only two places at turn 1 but a further three at turn 3, and I was behind Webber and Hamilton. I immediately tried to improve my position but I couldn’t and I lost contact with the leaders, falling into the clutches of Vettel; however, Hamilton’s pit stop on lap 2 promoted me to 2nd. I pitted on lap 4 and remained ahead of those who, like me, were on a one-stop strategy. A spin on lap 6 caused me to lose plenty of seconds from Hamilton ahead of me, but luckily no positions. Senna came out of the pits ahead of me, but I overtook him into turn 4 and he slowed down my rivals for a bit. On lap 8 Hamilton pitted again and Kovalainen, the provisional leader, also did. Lewis was immediately behind me as he only had 12 seconds of margin on me, but Heikki re-joined in 2nd place ahead of me. I gave it all and passed him into turn 3, as did Liuzzi a couple of corners later. At that point I was only trying not to spin and keep my 2nd position, which was easier when Kovalainen re-passed Liuzzi. Webber won more than 20 seconds before I crossed the finish line. The benefit the drivers who started on hard tyres (mostly backmarkers) had as I slowed down my rivals at the start of the race and after my pit stop, when they were ahead of me, boosted them into the points and the standings looked strange.

Race Results
    1. Mark Webber
    2. Me
    3. Heikki Kovalainen
    4. Vitantonio Liuzzi
    5. Sebastian Vettel
    6. Lucas Di Grassi
    7. Jenson Button
    8. Jarno Trulli
    9. Nico Hulkenberg
    10. Lewis Hamilton

With Hamilton only scoring one point, Webber overtook him in the championship standings, 114 to 107. As I have 170, I have mathematically won the title.

Race 18: Brazil
    Qualifying: 5th – Race: 7th
    I started the weekend with a slow setup, which I improved from session to session and I ultimately qualified 5th. The race was wet and everyone started on intermediates, but I was on wets, as my experience taught me those tyres are more suitable to those conditions. As my computer said the weather was going to be cloudy but not rainy, I planned to stop on lap 6 of 14 and put on soft tyres. I did so whilst leading, and the new compound helped me make up some time and take the lead back once those ahead of me had pitted. Only on lap 9 did it occur to me that I was going to have to do more than half of the race on the option tyres. On lap 11 I started having trouble and Alonso attacked me, but he remained behind. I kept leading until the penultimate lap when Alonso and Kubica got through. On the last lap I drove badly around the Senna S and then around turn 4, and I dropped to 7th place behind Massa. In the end I beat my two closest rivals and extended my lead to 60 points.

Race Results
    1. Fernando Alonso
    2. Robert Kubica
    3. Vitantonio Liuzzi
    4. Michael Schumacher
    5. Jenson Button
    6. Felipe Massa
    7. Me
    8. Adrian Sutil
    9. Mark Webber
    10. Lewis Hamilton

Race 19: Abu Dhabi
    Qualifying: 5th – Race: 1st
    Unfortunately I couldn’t match my Q2 time in Q3, otherwise I would have been fighting for pole; instead, I was 5th. I chased the leading pair, Vettel and Hamilton, when I spun on the first lap and I fell to 9th place. I found out that I was the pace-setting car but the traffic cost me plenty of seconds from the leaders. Despite this, by lap 3 some drivers had pitted already and I was 2nd. I pitted on lap 4 and Alonso overtook me. On lap 5 I took the place back and started chasing Hamilton again, who was 7 seconds ahead. I earned 4 seconds on him in two laps, but then he started pushing harder and the gap remained as it was. A perfect 9th lap put me in his tow, and I overtook him at turn 4 of the penultimate lap. A spin let him through again but only for a couple of corners. Another great lap, the last one, helped me increase my margin to a couple of seconds. I won ahead of Hamilton and Alonso. Webber was 14th and out of the points, so Hamilton overtook him in the standings to take the runner-up position. Thanks to my win, despite Buemi not scoring any points our team took 3rd place away from Ferrari by only 3 points.

Season Summary
    Wins: 6 – Poles: 5 – Doubles: 3 – Grand Slams: 1
    Bahrain – 1st + 1st
    Australia – 11th + 2nd
    Malaysia – 8th + 5th
    China – 11th + 5th
    Spain – 9th + 1st
    Monaco – 9th + 5th
    Turkey – 4th + 4th
    Canada – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    Europe – 7th + 3rd
    Great Britain – 11th + 8th
    Germany – 1st + 3rd
    Hungary – 9th + 12th
    Belgium – 1st + 1st
    Italy – 2nd + 1st
    Singapore – 1st + 2nd
    Japan – 9th + 3rd
    South Korea – 8th + 2nd
    Brazil – 5th + 7th
    Abu Dhabi – 5th + 1st

Drivers’ Championship
    Me – 301
    Hamilton – 226 (Rival)
    Webber – 216

Constructors’ Championship
    Red Bull – 424
    McLaren – 381
    Toro Rosso – 301

You can see my career progress in a Wikipedia-style table here: http://bit.ly/PUtKWZ
    And my qualifying results here: http://bit.ly/N8gemi

Anonymous
    Inactive

Season 6 – Sauber #1 (Difficulty 4/4)

Qualifying: 3rd – Race: 1st
    Despite loving the track and finding myself with a great car, I was 13th in Q1 and 7th in Q2. In Q3 after one lap I was 8th but I managed to improve by 7 tenths and take 3rd behind Vettel and Massa. At the start I was slower than the rest of the drivers but by braking late on the outside I kept my position. At turn 4 I dived on the inside of Vettel and Massa and took the lead. I kept going with a margin of over a second, and I pitted on lap 3. Crucially on lap 4 I passed those drivers who were on hard tyres, and at the end of the lap I was again 1st. Vettel and Massa couldn’t do the same and had to wait behind them as they were slowed down by these backmarkers. I extended my lead on Massa to 11 seconds. As soon as he had a clear track he earned tenths on me, and on lap 9 I made a mistake at turn 1, touching the kerb and almost spinning. I kept the car facing the right direction and I only ran a bit wide, losing 2 seconds. In the end I won the race by 6 seconds on Massa who was followed by Petrov, whilst de la Rosa was 19th.

Season Summary
    Wins: 1 – Poles: 0 – Doubles: 0 – Grand Slams: 0
    Bahrain – 3rd + 1st

Anonymous
    Inactive

Started a new 7-season career, beginning with Sauber and counting it as my 6th season. I had to restart from zero so I had to re-do the Bahrain race.

Season 6 – Sauber #1

Qualifying: 1st – Race: 1st
    I easily took pole, 7 tenths faster than Alonso, although I was on used tyres as I had struggled to get past Q1 on the prime compound. I thus had to pit on lap 3, and at the time I was leading Alonso by just over a second, having kept the lead at the start. Alonso continued past the pits, and I joined in 9th place. I overtook Webber, Kovalainen and Petrov on lap 4, then Alonso came out alongside me when I was braking for turn 1, but I managed to put my rear wheels ahead of his front wing and shut the door from the outside, securing second place. I pulled out three seconds on the Ferrari and also overtook Barrichello for the lead, despite him still having to stop. I quickly ran away from my pursuers, and lapped within a second of my fastest lap, a 2:00.211, for the final five laps of the race, scoring a dominant win.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 2: Australia
    Qualifying: 4th – Race: 1st
    I secured a spot in Q2 by beating Hulkenberg by 0.004s to take 17th place with the time on the counter having already finished. In Q3 I continuously improved over three laps to settle in 4th place, 4 tenths off Rosberg’s pole time. I stole the lead at the start as the leaders left a gap in between them at turn 1 and I braked later than them, then pulled out 4 seconds over Schumacher on the first lap and a further one on lap 2. The German stopped on lap 3 and Kubica inherited second place, 8 seconds behind me. We both stopped on lap 4 and I took 7th place exiting the pit lane; I overtook two cars and when the others pitted I was back in the lead. Some drivers pitted twice, and Kubica still was 8 seconds behind. I lapped constantly in the 1:32s, with the positive exception of lap 10 when I set my personal fastest lap with a 1:31.343. Kubica started earning a second per lap on me and at the end of the race had come as close as 3 seconds behind me, but on the final lap I once again went below the 1:32 mark and scored my second win of the season.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 3: Malaysia
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 2nd
    I had to use soft tyres in Q1 but I used the same set in Q2, so I could use a new set in Q3 with which I set pole position. I led Jenson Button until lap 4 when I was supposed to pit, but seeing he was too close to em I feared being held up in the pit lane so I continued for an extra lap. I came out a few tenths behind the McLaren and I was actually closing the gap on him, but he then started lapping too quick for me to keep up and I soon found myself defending 2nd place from Schumacher. Button won with over 6 seconds on me and Schumacher.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 4: China
    Qualifying: 2nd – Race: 5th
    I was fastest in Q2 and despite improving in Q3 I was second to Alonso by only 0.089s. I overtook the Spaniard at turn 1 and held the lead until lap 4 when it was time for me to pit. Alonso continued and there was no one beside me when I stopped, but when it was time for me to leave a dozen of cars were entering the pit lane, and I had to wait for 13 seconds: I dropped down to 20th. I started lapping as fast as ever and reached the points, then climbed up to 6th and when Kubica stopped I became 5th, and that was it: Webber started pushing hard when I was trying to close the gap on him. Alonso won with 15 seconds’ advantage on me, and I was 5th.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 5: Spain
    Qualifying: 4th – Race: 12th
    Having always struggled on this track I was pleased with my qualifying pace: Kobayashi was on good form and took second, I was two tenths behind him in fourth place. I jumped into second place at the start and Webber ran away so quickly that two laps later he was 8 seconds ahead. For the benefit of my team, I let Kobayashi, who was 3rd at the moment, by, and started defending from the others. I pitted on lap 4 and managed not to get held up despite a couple of cars being in the pit lane at my same time: I came out 20th and rose to 14th one lap later. I then inherited 11th place as the others pitted and finally I reached the points as Senna stopped on lap 10. I was still there defending when on the penultimate lap when Hulkenberg got alongside me at turn 7 and pushed me into the gravel at the following corner, and as a result I lost a position to him and one to Vettel. I defended 12th place from Kubica and ended the race around a minute after Webber who won ahead of my team mate. The first non-score of the season, coupled with Alonso’s third place, means that the Ferrari driver is now ahead of me in the standings, although Sauber are still first in the Constructors’ Championship.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.