Pirelli has revealed a mock-up showing how next year’s wider tyres will look on an F1 chassis.
Next year tyre widths will increase by 25%. The front tyres will increase from 245mm to 305mm and rears will increase from 325mm to 405mm.
Formula One’s official tyre supplier has already begun testing new compounds for the 2017 season. However it will not begin track testing of wider tyres until the new year.
The Pirelli demonstration car does not include 2017 bodywork dimensions.
2017 F1 season
- Stripping Verstappen of 2017 US podium was “one of the toughest decisions” – steward
- Sepang pays Haas compensation for Grosjean’s 2017 crash
- Williams revenues rose in 2017 after Bottas deal with Mercedes
- New kerbs at COTA in response to Verstappen’s corner-cutting
- Australian Grand Prix cost government £56 million last year