Ferrari has revealed the SF21, its new car for the 2021 Formula 1 season, to be driven by Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz Jnr. The car features a mix of their signature red and some burgundy paintwork, towards the rear, reflecting the livery used on early Ferrari cars and their 1000th Grand Prix look.
The SF21 has substantially updated sidepods, with major changes to the midsection of the chassis creating a much more dramatic curve towards the rear as well as new carbon fibre work towards the floor.
There are also substantial updates to the nose of the car, including cerrated winglets and a reshaped nose to improve airflow.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- Rivals’ “much better top speed” made it hard to gain ground in Spain – Sainz
- Baku gets new F1 deal but will not swap 2021 race date with Turkey
- Why “solid and strong” Formula 1 isn’t fearing the day its biggest star walks away
- McLaren to keep “drip-feeding” updates onto 2021 car
- “Bendy” rear wings which caught Hamilton’s eye to face tougher FIA tests