Alfa Romeo has revealed Sauber’s new car for the 2018 F1 season.
The Fiat Chrysler Automobiles brand has joined the team as a technical and commercial partner for this year. The Sauber C37 will use a current-specification power unit from Alfa Romeo’s sister brand Ferrari.
“The car philosophy is much different to that of the C36,” said technical director Joerg Zander. “The aerodynamic concept has changed significantly, and the C37 has several new features in comparison to its predecessor.”
“We are positive that the new concept offers us more opportunities and will help us to make improvements during the course of the season. The 2018 Ferrari engine will also give us a boost in terms of our performance. We hope that we will make progress with the C37 and that we are more competitive compared to 2017.”
Sauber announced a series of new sponsors in the run-up to the launch including Richard Mille, Carrera, Kappa and Claro.
The team’s drivers for 2018 are newcomer Charles Leclerc and last year’s driver Marcus Ericsson.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault