HRT have confirmed Vitantonio Liuzzi will drive for them in 2011.
The former Force India driver will partner Narain Karthikeyan at the team.
Liuzzi said: “I am really happy to have signed this agreement with Hispania Racing.
“I never lost hope to be in Formula One as I knew I have the experience and the right attributes for a young and ambitious team. I face a new challenge now and this excites me.
“I also face a lot of hard work in guiding Hispania Racing through the development of our new car. I am extremely grateful to Jos?â?® Ramon Carabante and to Colin Kolles for giving me such an opportunity.”
Team principal Colin Kolles said Liuzzi “is a very professional driver who will bring a lot of benefits to the team.”
“I have known Tonio for many years as he raced with me in lower categories.
“I am convinced about his skills to develop a car and his speed. He has shown this in the past having contributed to a large extend developing and moving a back grid car to the front. I had the pleasure of working with him and I am very happy and proud to have him racing with Hispania Racing.?óÔé¼?Ø
HRT also confirmed they will present their 2011 F1 car and drivers on Friday at the Circuit de Catalunya.
- Razia and Valsecchi to be Lotus reserve drivers
- Pedro de la Rosa rejoins McLaren as reserve
- HRT confirm Liuzzi as Karthikeyan’s team mate
- Di Resta to race for Force India, H?â??lkenberg to test
- Fairuz Fauzy joins Renault as reserve driver for 2011
- HRT confirm Karthikeyan in team for 2011
- Renault set date for ‘Lotus Renault GP R31’ launch
- Force India to launch VJM04 at Jerez test
- Petrov to remain at Renault in 2011 and 2012
- Jerome d’Ambrosio to drive for Virgin in 2011
Image ?é?® Motioncompany