Which F1 driver was the best performer during the Japanese Grand Prix weekend?
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most during the last race weekend.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||14th||+0.062s||19/52||2||17th||+13.451s|
|Romain Grosjean||7th||-0.586s||50/52||2||11th||Not on same lap|
|Esteban Gutierrez||10th||+0.586s||2/52||2||20th||Not on same lap|
- 2016 Japanese Grand Prix tyre strategies and pit stops
- 2016 Japanese Grand Prix lap charts
- 2016 Japanese Grand Prix lap times and fastest laps
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2016 Japanese Grand Prix weekend?
- Lewis Hamilton (2%)
- Nico Rosberg (51%)
- Sebastian Vettel (5%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (5%)
- Felipe Massa (0%)
- Valtteri Bottas (0%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (0%)
- Max Verstappen (30%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%)
- Sergio Perez (3%)
- Kevin Magnussen (0%)
- Jolyon Palmer (0%)
- Daniil Kvyat (0%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Marcus Ericsson (1%)
- Felipe Nasr (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (1%)
- Jenson Button (0%)
- Pascal Wehrlein (0%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Romain Grosjean (1%)
- Esteban Gutierrez (0%)
- No opinion (0%)
Total Voters: 369
An F1 Fanatic account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2016 Japanese Grand Prix
- FIA bans the ‘Verstappen block’
- Wolff blames Verstappen protest on “miscommunication”
- 2016 Japanese Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Second Driver of the Weekend win for Rosberg
- Themes of 2016 continue in average Suzuka race
Debates and polls
- Should Formula 1 have the same stewards at every race?
- Did the stewards take the correct decision over Hamilton and Verstappen at turn four?
- Should Ricciardo have been penalised for first-lap collision with Bottas?
- Should Formula 1 add a third race in the USA?
- Should Gasly have been penalised for first-corner tangle with Alonso?