Which Formula One driver made the most of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last five days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Circuit de Catalunya.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Finished||Race change||Lap 1 change||Highest position||Lowest position||Gap to team mate*|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||12||8||+4||+3||7||13||-13.339|
|Romain Grosjean||14||10||+4||+4||5||11||Not on same lap|
|Kevin Magnussen||11||14||-3||+3||8||14||Not on same lap|
|Nico Hulkenberg||13||6||+7||+6||6||10||Not on same lap|
|Jolyon Palmer||17||15||+2||+3||14||18||Not on same lap|
|Marcus Ericsson||16||11||+5||+1||8||15||Not on same lap|
|Pascal Wehrlein||15||7||+8||+3||5||12||Not on same lap|
- 2017 Spanish Grand Prix tyre strategies and pit stops
- 2017 Spanish Grand Prix interactive lap charts
- 2017 Spanish Grand Prix interactive lap times and fastest laps
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2017 Spanish Grand Prix weekend?
- Lewis Hamilton (26%)
- Valtteri Bottas (0%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (1%)
- Max Verstappen (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (14%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (3%)
- Sergio Perez (7%)
- Esteban Ocon (3%)
- Felipe Massa (0%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (6%)
- Stoffel Vandoorne (0%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Daniil Kvyat (1%)
- Romain Grosjean (0%)
- Kevin Magnussen (0%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (3%)
- Jolyon Palmer (0%)
- Marcus Ericsson (0%)
- Pascal Wehrlein (35%)
- No opinion (0%)
Total Voters: 511
An F1 Fanatic account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2017 Spanish Grand Prix
- What do drivers ask in their pre-race briefing? New video reveals all
- Bottas admits braking “too early” in Spain crash
- Second Driver of the Weekend win for Wehrlein
- Tense Spanish Grand Prix gets solid rating
- 2017 Spanish GP team radio transcript
Debates and polls
- Will F1’s new Sprint Qualifying races enhance the championship?
- 10 years of DRS: Should F1 wean itself off push-button passes?
- Which F1 team has the best-looking car for 2021?
- Will Ferrari recover? Can Perez seize his chance? 20 questions for the 2021 F1 season
- Which F1 drivers will beat their team mates in 2021?