Which F1 driver was the best performer during the United States Grand Prix weekend?
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most during the last race weekend.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Daniil Kvyat||13th||+0.305s||1/55||1||11th||Not on same lap|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||10th||-0.305s||54/55||2||6th||Not on same lap|
|Fernando Alonso||12th||-0.414s||55/55||2||5th||Not on same lap|
|Jenson Button||19th||+0.414s||0/55||2||9th||Not on same lap|
|Pascal Wehrlein||20th||-0.258s||47/54||2||17th||Not on same lap|
|Esteban Ocon||22nd||+0.258s||7/54||3||18th||Not on same lap|
- 2016 United States Grand Prix tyre strategies and pit stops
- 2016 United States Grand Prix lap charts
- 2016 United States Grand Prix lap times and fastest laps
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2016 United States Grand Prix weekend?
- Lewis Hamilton (13%)
- Nico Rosberg (1%)
- Sebastian Vettel (0%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (1%)
- Felipe Massa (0%)
- Valtteri Bottas (0%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (1%)
- Max Verstappen (1%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%)
- Sergio Perez (2%)
- Kevin Magnussen (1%)
- Jolyon Palmer (0%)
- Daniil Kvyat (0%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (33%)
- Marcus Ericsson (1%)
- Felipe Nasr (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (44%)
- Jenson Button (1%)
- Pascal Wehrlein (0%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Romain Grosjean (1%)
- Esteban Gutierrez (0%)
- No opinion (1%)
Total Voters: 468
An F1 Fanatic account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2016 United States Grand Prix
- Austin defeat in 2015 spurred Rosberg on to title
- Alonso beats Sainz to Driver of the Weekend win
- Verstappen “on autopilot” during pit stop error
- Virtual Safety Car blamed for US GP anti-climax
- 2016 United States Grand Prix team radio transcript
Debates and polls
- Will F1’s new Sprint Qualifying races enhance the championship?
- 10 years of DRS: Should F1 wean itself off push-button passes?
- Which F1 team has the best-looking car for 2021?
- Will Ferrari recover? Can Perez seize his chance? 20 questions for the 2021 F1 season
- Which F1 drivers will beat their team mates in 2021?