Which Formula One driver performed the best throughout the 2017 Australian Grand Prix weekend?
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most during the last race weekend.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||8th||-0.025s||31/56||1||8th||-13.613s|
- 2017 Australian Grand Prix tyre strategies and pit stops
- 2017 Australian Grand Prix lap charts
- 2017 Australian Grand Prix lap times and fastest laps
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2017 Australian Grand Prix weekend?
- Lewis Hamilton (1%)
- Valtteri Bottas (3%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (0%)
- Max Verstappen (1%)
- Sebastian Vettel (55%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (0%)
- Sergio Perez (4%)
- Esteban Ocon (2%)
- Felipe Massa (3%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (9%)
- Stoffel Vandoorne (0%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Daniil Kvyat (1%)
- Romain Grosjean (3%)
- Kevin Magnussen (0%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (1%)
- Jolyon Palmer (0%)
- Marcus Ericsson (0%)
- Antonio Giovinazzi (15%)
Total Voters: 721
An F1 Fanatic account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2017 Australian Grand Prix
- Australian Grand Prix cost government £56 million last year
- Red Bull ran Verstappen’s car without a drinks bottle in Australia
- Renault fix Palmer’s Melbourne problems
- Melbourne win “doesn’t mean much” – Vettel
- Mercedes explain why 2017’s first race had so little passing
Debates and polls
- Which of 2022’s four lost F1 drivers will return to the grid in the future?
- Was Verstappen’s penalty for Hamilton collision correct?
- Does Pierre Gasly deserve to be one penalty away from a race ban?
- Did the FIA get Red Bull’s penalty for 2021 budget cap breach right?
- Was Russell’s five-second penalty for Sainz collision the right call?