Until then there are many questions to answer. Here are 20 of them for you to make your predictions about the year ahead.
Post your answers in the comments and let’s find out what everyone expects from the 2014 F1 season.
1. How many drivers will be classified as finishers in the Australian Grand Prix?
2. Who will win the FIA’s new pole positions trophy?
3. Where will Sebastian Vettel finish in the championship?
4. How many races will Kimi Raikkonen win?
5. Who will score more points: Valtteri Bottas or Kevin Magnussen?
6. How many pole positions will Ferrari score?
7. How many races will Williams win?
8. What will Daniel Ricciardo’s best result be?
9. What will be the top speed recorded in the speed trap at Monza (in kph)?
10. Who will be the first driver to be replaced or substituted for a race?
11. And who will take their place?
12. Which driver will collect the most penalty points for driving infringements?
13. Who will win the Monaco Grand Prix?
14. Who will crash out of the most races?
15. Who will finish last in the constructors’ championship?
16. At which race will the drivers’ championship be decided?
17. What will be the biggest political story of the year?
18. What will be the most entertaining race of the year?
19. Constructors’ championship
Which team will win the 2014 constructors' championship?
- Caterham (0%)
- Marussia (0%)
- Williams (3%)
- Toro Rosso (0%)
- Sauber (0%)
- Force India (0%)
- McLaren (3%)
- Lotus (0%)
- Ferrari (17%)
- Mercedes (73%)
- Red Bull (3%)
Total Voters: 646
20. Drivers’ championship
Who will win the 2014 drivers' championship?
- Marcus Ericsson (0%)
- Kamui Kobayashi (0%)
- Max Chilton (0%)
- Jules Bianchi (0%)
- Valtteri Bottas (1%)
- Felipe Massa (3%)
- Daniil Kvyat (0%)
- Jean-Eric Vergne (0%)
- Adrian Sutil (0%)
- Esteban Gutierrez (0%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%)
- Sergio Perez (0%)
- Kevin Magnussen (2%)
- Jenson Button (2%)
- Pastor Maldonado (0%)
- Romain Grosjean (0%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (8%)
- Fernando Alonso (15%)
- Lewis Hamilton (38%)
- Nico Rosberg (23%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (7%)
Total Voters: 636
2014 F1 season preview
- F1 drivers’ helmets guide 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season preview
- The 2014 F1 rules changes at-a-glance
- How each driver chose their 2014 race number
- Who F1 Fanatic readers support at the start of 2014
Browse all 2014 F1 season preview articles
Image © Red Bull/Getty